Are you more than stressed?
In a survey conducted last year, 42% of physicians reported they were burned out. Poor work-life balance, long working hours, physician shortages, and not having enough time with patients were some the most common reasons.
Physician burnout is widespread, and potentially underreported because it is often confused with stress.
Not the same thing as stress
How to tell if you are burned out
Here are some questions to ask yourself if you feel like you might be experiencing burnout.
If you believe you are experiencing burnout, pause and reflect. Reach out to your colleagues, friends, and family. You are not alone!
- Have you become cynical lately?
- Do you have a hard time going to work and to start working?
- Have you noticed changes in sleep habits?
- Are you overwhelmingly exhausted most of the time?
- Do you use alcohol, food, drugs to feel better or to not feel?
- Have you lost appetite?
- Do you find it hard to focus?
- Do you experience persistent anxiety or self-doubt?
- Do you spend too much time alone?
Learn more about work-life balance
Check out how RapidAI’s AI-based technologies are helping physicians achieve better work-life balance.